Sunday, January 6, 2013

A Very Awesome Weekend

Had an awesome weekend at the Mississippi Blues Marathon!  Mom ran the half and did amazing, finishing in 3 hours!  Was happy to be there cheering her on.  I felt left out a bit since I was the only one not running out of the 3 of us.  My daughter ran the 1 mile kid's marathon. I ran along with her to cheer her on, and she finished in under 15 minutes!  But still, the only one who doesn't have a MS Blues race bib for my scrapbook.  After her race, we walked around until Mom finished, then walked around some more until Marathon Mitch finished.  After lunch, burgers (I know what you're thinking, but we were in a hotel), my daughter and I went to see the dinosaur exhibit at the Natural Science Museum.  I will be running this Half-Marathon next year!  It was just so exciting!

We got home this afternoon and have been enjoying a great day relaxing.  I made some delicious turkey and spinach meatballs for dinner.  My mom and daughter loved them and I think this is something that I will make more often.  I'm now enjoying my quiet time.  Just finished my 30 minutes of Wii yoga and strength training.  

My next race will be the Mardi Pardi 10K/5K.  Not sure which I will be doing yet.  Next weekend I'm going to see how my knee handles doing 6 miles.  I know I can do the 5K, but I'd love to tackle the 10K.  Its close to my birthday and mom ordered me my own flower from the Fellow Flowers (http://fellowflowers.com/) as part of my birthday present, so I will have it to wear at the race.  I'm really excited.  So whether I get anything more than just a shirt, I'll still be having a blast.  I'll probably get beads too since it is the Saturday before Mardi Gras!  Can't wait!  

I also discovered that I have actually lost weight since my first race at the end of November. I wore the same pants that I had worn that day and they fit much better!  So super exciting!  More to come later, about to start reading Running for Mortals by Bingham and Hadfield.

No comments:

Post a Comment